Aims, Objectives and Goals
The association aims to:
- promote the development of Business Managers'/Executive Officers' skills, qualifications and leadership and improve opportunities for the professional and personal development of Business Managers/Executive Officers.
- promote the continuous improvement and development of school administration.
- ensure that the collective views and opinions of school Business Managers/Executive Officers are canvassed and heard nationally on matters of professional significance.
- publish and circulate bulletins and newsletters presenting the ideas and opinions of members and others on professional matters.
- conduct and initiate such research and studies as may assist in attaining any of these aims and objectives.
- provide a forum for the exchange of ideas among school Business Managers/Executive Officers and other interested persons.
- encourage co-operation and fellowship among school Business Managers/Executive Officers.
- provide professional support and advice members.
- be represented on all appropriate bodies.
- collaborate with other organisations having similar aims and objectives.
- foster liaison and support between branches of the association.
- promote a sense of common cause amongst all school administration support staff.
- promote the role and profile of Business Managers/Executive Officers in the school community and encourage greater membership.
- enhance our professionalism by utilising the collective knowledge of the members in order to achieve the aims and objectives as documented in the constitution.
- foster business links to further our aims and objectives.
- acknowledge the diversity of members' skills and roles.
- maximise all opportunities to influence the decision making processes of relevant bodies.
- encourage the use of appropriate technology to minimize the effect of geographical spread.